Stolen cash tainted with dye
CASH stolen during a raid on a Suffolk post office was tainted by security dye.Detectives hope the red coloured coating could the key to capturing a gang who raided a Post Office in Ingham on Monday .
CASH stolen during a raid on a Suffolk post office was tainted by security dye.
Detectives hope the red coloured coating could the key to capturing a gang who raided a Post Office in Ingham on Monday .
The raiders, believed to be three or four black males, targeted the Post Office shortly after 4.15pm, pushing the post mistress and a female member of staff towards the rear of the shop. The offenders then left the property on foot taking with them an undisclosed sum of money.
As they left the premises a security device on a bag containing money was activated.
You may also want to watch:
One of the raiders is described as black, 5ft 9ins tall, medium to stocky build, clean shaven and aged in his 20s. He was wearing thick woolly gloves, a dark bomber style jacket with the hod up and what appears to be a red cap underneath.
The second was black, 5ft 7ins tall, slim build, aged in his late teens and wearing a dark hooded top covering his face.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 New special school planned for former BT site
- 5 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 8 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 9 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 10 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
A third was black, of slim build, late teens, and was possibly wearing a hooded top.
There are no descriptions of the fourth male.
Anyone with information should telephone 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111."