Stowmarket blueprint to go on show
A BLUEPRINT for the possible future of a market town will be going on show.Mid Suffolk District Council has commissioned A Vision for Stowmarket and its findings are the result of extensive consultation with the community.
A BLUEPRINT for the possible future of a market town will be going on show.
Mid Suffolk District Council has commissioned A Vision for Stowmarket and its findings are the result of extensive consultation with the community.
It hopes the suggestions will fuel further public interest and debate and will see businesses and residents taking an active part in shaping their town and its surroundings.
Far from painting a glossy picture of Stowmarket's current state, it acknowledges the town has weaknesses – such as an "uninspiring town centre, few hi-tech companies and with key employment sectors in decline" – as well as strengths, including "strong schools, a good location and transport links and a high quality of life".
You may also want to watch:
The vision, to be unveiled at the Cedars Hotel on Monday, at 2pm, focuses on five main topics, including the economy and the environment.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 9 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 10 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night