Stowmarket blueprint to go on show
A BLUEPRINT for the possible future of a market town will be going on show.Mid Suffolk District Council has commissioned A Vision for Stowmarket and its findings are the result of extensive consultation with the community.
A BLUEPRINT for the possible future of a market town will be going on show.
Mid Suffolk District Council has commissioned A Vision for Stowmarket and its findings are the result of extensive consultation with the community.
It hopes the suggestions will fuel further public interest and debate and will see businesses and residents taking an active part in shaping their town and its surroundings.
Far from painting a glossy picture of Stowmarket's current state, it acknowledges the town has weaknesses – such as an "uninspiring town centre, few hi-tech companies and with key employment sectors in decline" – as well as strengths, including "strong schools, a good location and transport links and a high quality of life".
You may also want to watch:
The vision, to be unveiled at the Cedars Hotel on Monday, at 2pm, focuses on five main topics, including the economy and the environment.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 2 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 3 CCTV issued after man 'spits' at women in central Ipswich
- 4 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 5 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Man accused of stealing phone from woman in Ipswich street
- 8 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated