Stowmarket: Teenager dies in tragic accident
PRAYERS are today being said for the family of a teenage motorcyclist who died after a horror smash in the town centre.
Police and paramedics were scrambled to Gipping Way - near the junction with Station Road West - at about 5.30pm yesterday.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said it is believed the biker, an 18-year-old man, lost control of his KTM 640cc bike and collided with an obstacle on the pavement, possibly a road sign. The spokesman added: “He lost control of the bike and sustained fatal injuries.”
One resident, who did not wish to be named, said: “I was driving through Stowmarket at about half six. There was a cordon between the two junctions that go to the station and Stowupland. It’s really sad, it’s the second serious motorbike accident I’ve seen around there.”
Community figures were also in shock about the incident and a church leader said the family will be in their prayers.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Nowak, pastor of Stowmarket Baptist Church, said: “We know there was an accident – I was at the recreation ground with my family and they were saying that someone had died. It is very sad, very tragic.
“We are praying for the family. If they want to contact anybody, we would jump at the chance of trying to bring some words of comfort and hope at this sad time.”
- 1 Man pulled into car before being beaten and robbed in Ipswich
- 2 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 5 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 6 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 7 Pair who hid murderer are among trio jailed for running drug syndicate
- 8 Major delays on A12 after five vehicle crash
- 9 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 10 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said they were called to the scene just before 5.30pm.
He said: “We were called to Stowmarket to a motorcyclist who had come off his bike.
“We sent a doctor, a response car and ambulances – the person was pronounced dead at the scene.”
Police are appealing for anyone who witnessed the incident who has not come forward, to call PC Andy Smith at the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101.
? Do you know the teenager? Send your tributes to email@example.com