Suffolk students turn the clock back to celebrate VE Day anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Two Suffolk youngsters have been doing their bit to commemorate the 75th anniversary of VE Day.
The Suffolk New College public services students are keen to respectfully reflect on a day that brought peace time back to Europe in 1945.
Hanna Picken from Felixstowe organised a socially distanced disco in her street.
The 19 year old, said, “We are decorating our houses in red, white and blue and have an afternoon tea on our drive – followed by a lockdown disco on our street.”
Morgan Scott Chantry is from Ipswich and he organised a VE Day quiz for his fellow students earlier in the week.
You may also want to watch:
He will also be taking to the kitchen to bake some recipes from the forties to bring a taste of VE Day to the commemorations.
Public services lecturer Martin Memory said, “The togetherness and spirit that the nation showed on that day can be used as a great example of how we can be today.”
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 3 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 4 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 5 Police continue to investigate stabbing of teenager
- 6 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 7 Teenage drug dealer carrying knuckleduster spared jail
- 8 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 9 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 10 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average