See how Suffolk reacted to England's early goal in Euro final
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
It was the dream start that England fans could have never predicted - their team going ahead in the final of a major tournament.
And while Italy's 67th minute equaliser brought them back down to earth with a bump, these pictures show the fans joy at England taking a 1-0 lead.
Luke Shaw's brilliant goal from Kieran Trippier's cross was met with screams, shouts and whistles of joy from those packed into Suffolk's pubs.
Many fans had only just sat down to enjoy the match when they were back on their feet to celebrate with hugs and cheers of joy, as the goal was scored inside two minutes.
This jubilant feeling continued throughout the first half as fans celebrated each repeat showing of Shaw's goal.
You may also want to watch:
Italy later scored to make the game finely balanced heading towards the final whistle.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid