Suffolk man in hospital after road crash
TWO people are in hospital – including a Suffolk man with a suspected fractured skull - after a road traffic accident in Essex today. The accident happened around 7.
TWO people are in hospital – including a Suffolk man with a suspected fractured skull - after a road traffic accident in Essex today.
The accident happened around 7.10am when a Securicor van, travelling towards Fambridge, and a Nissan Almera, travelling towards Maldon, were in collision in Fambridge Road, Maldon.
A 23-year-old man from Brantham, who had been travelling in the back of the van, was taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford with a suspected fractured skull.
The van's front-seat passenger, a 20-year-old man from Ipswich, received concussion.
You may also want to watch:
The driver, a 23-year-old man from Harwich in Essex, received only minor injuries.
Meanwhile the driver of the Nissan Almera, a 24-year-old woman from Burnham in Essex, was taken to Colchester Hospital by air ambulance with a suspected broken leg and wrist.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 3 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 4 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Community left heartbroken by loss of mum Jessica
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Suffolk man buys rare Mini built to mark Queen's Silver Jubilee for £10k
The Mercedes Securicor van had been carrying a substantial amount of cash – and a second Securicor van had to be brought to the scene to take the contents.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Del Wheddon at Chelmsford Road Policing Unit on 01245 452918.