Suffolk man in hospital after road crash
TWO people are in hospital – including a Suffolk man with a suspected fractured skull - after a road traffic accident in Essex today. The accident happened around 7.
TWO people are in hospital – including a Suffolk man with a suspected fractured skull - after a road traffic accident in Essex today.
The accident happened around 7.10am when a Securicor van, travelling towards Fambridge, and a Nissan Almera, travelling towards Maldon, were in collision in Fambridge Road, Maldon.
A 23-year-old man from Brantham, who had been travelling in the back of the van, was taken to Broomfield Hospital in Chelmsford with a suspected fractured skull.
The van's front-seat passenger, a 20-year-old man from Ipswich, received concussion.
The driver, a 23-year-old man from Harwich in Essex, received only minor injuries.
Meanwhile the driver of the Nissan Almera, a 24-year-old woman from Burnham in Essex, was taken to Colchester Hospital by air ambulance with a suspected broken leg and wrist.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 7 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 8 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 9 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The Mercedes Securicor van had been carrying a substantial amount of cash – and a second Securicor van had to be brought to the scene to take the contents.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Del Wheddon at Chelmsford Road Policing Unit on 01245 452918.