Suffolk: MP’s pride in “great” Games
SUFFOLK Coastal MP Therese Coffey took her seat in the Olympic stadium to watch the men’s 100m final last night – and told of her pride at London 2012.
Dr Coffey said: “There was constant noise, with cheering for all athletes, particularly the British with a special roar in the home straight.
“It was very international – there were Portuguese fans behind us and Chinese athletes in front.
“The music was pumping away between the different events.
“LOCOG have done this really well. We should be proud of putting on a great Games.”
Dr Coffey, Conservative MP for Suffolk Coastal, was a corporate guest of BT.
She previously defended her acceptance of BT’s invitation to the prestigious event amid concerns that as a member of the Culture and Media Select Committee it represented a conflict of interest.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 3 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 4 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 6 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
- 7 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 8 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 9 7 roadworks Suffolk drivers should be aware of this week
- 10 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
Speaking last month, Dr Coffey said: “MPs were invited to go along and I have accepted.
“It will offer the opportunity to understand exactly how BT have been involved because there is a briefing first. Then we also get to see the race.”