Suffolk New College students get advice from Royal Marines ahead of remembrance parade
- Credit: Archant
Public services students at Suffolk New College were put through their paces by a team of Royal Marines last week ahead of their march during the remembrance parade in Ipswich on Friday.
The students will be taking part in the remembrance parade which will take place on Friday at the college campus, and gained a host of tips and hints in marching, discipline and fitness by the marine guests.
They were also given a presentation about life in the armed forces.
The marines praised the students for their “top draw” determination and resilience.
Martin Memory, lecturer of public services and curriculum co-ordinator at the college, said, “I was proud of the group.
You may also want to watch:
“They showed resilience and character and I definitely think that some of them have the potential to be marines of the future.
“We would like to thank the Royal Marines visibility team for coming to see us in anticipation of the parade.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 5 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 6 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 10 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties