Suffolk New College team to tackle 10-mile walk for Ipswich Dementia Action Alliance
- Credit: Archant
A team of five fundraisers from Suffolk New College will be setting off on a 10-mile walk in aid of Ipswich Dementia Action Alliance this Saturday.
Ipswich deputy mayor and chairman of the governors for the college, Roger Fern, raised more than £10,000 for the cause during his tenure as mayor last year, and aims to boost its funds with this Saturday’s walk.
He said: “I have a personal connection to this charity as my wife has been living with dementia for seven years.
“The charity helps support research in to all types of dementia (particularly Alzheimer’s) and at the moment there is no cure.
“I’m pleased that there are a number of students and staff who are dementia friends and it’s fantastic that we have a team involved in the walk.”
Mr Fern will be joined by Craig Shimmon, Cheryl Miller, Emily Jones and Deborah Bullard.
To support the group’s walk visit their fundraising page here.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence