Masked men tie up victim before stealing cash at Ipswich home
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich man was left “very shaken up” after three masked intruders burst into his home, ordered him to the ground and tied him up before stealing cash.
Suffolk police said the aggravated burglary happened at around 9.25pm on Tuesday at a property in Shaftesbury Square, a residential estate off Rope Walk.
The three masked suspects forced entry into the victim’s home. One man ordered him to sit down before binding his wrists and covering his head and mouth. The other two men searched the property before all three made off with an undisclosed quantity of cash.
Dc Daniel Steel of Ipswich CID, said the victim had been “very shaken up” after the burglary.
“It was a nasty offence,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
He said the investigation had been a “top priority” for officers today.
“We’ve prioritised house to house inquiries in the area of Shaftesbury Square and Rope Walk and we’ve carried out a CCTV trawl in the area,” he said.
- 1 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 4 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 5 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 6 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 7 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 10 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
“Officers have identified a witness, who said they saw three males running from the property and getting into a vehicle.
“We would appeal to any members of the public in the area around Shaftesbury Square and Rope Walk between 9.15-35pm to come forward, particularly if they saw anything out of the ordinary.”
Police are said to be treating the offence as a targeted incident and reassured the public they faced little risk.
Dc Steel said there had been a couple of recent offences with similarities and officers were investigating possible links.
“We are keeping an open mind as to whether this offence falls in line with these others, which were similar in terms of MO (modus operandi)”.
“I don’t think there’s any risk to members of the public living in that area.”
One of the suspects is described as male, white, around 20 to 30-years-old, 5ft 6ins tall, with an average build and dark coloured eyes. He wore a black mask, jacket, trousers and gloves. The other two offenders were also wearing black clothing and gloves.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious behaviour at around the time of the incident or has knowledge of the incident should contact Ipswich CID on 101 quoting crime reference 16750/18.
People can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.