Man, 28, arrested after head-on collision in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested a 28-year-old man after a head-on collision between a car and a van in Ipswich.
Suffolk police were called to Stratford Road in the north of the town after reports of the collision around 6.30am on November 2.
No drivers or passengers were reported as trapped but one vehicle had begin to leak, leading police to call Suffolk Highways to assist them.
Suffering from suspected broken ribs at the scene, police detained the man while he was taken to hospital.
That man has now been arrested on suspicion of careless driving and driving with no insurance.
You may also want to watch:
An East of England ambulance spokesman said: “An ambulance was called to Stratford Road, Ipswich shortly after 6.30am this morning following reports of a road traffic collision.
“Three people were assessed at the scene and one patient was transported to Ipswich hospital.”
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today