Greenfinch Avenue reopened after member of public on roof
- Credit: Archant
A man is being questioned by police after he spent more than three hours on the roof of a house in Ipswich.
Police confirmed they were called to the scene of the incident in Greenfinch Avenue at about 4pm on Tuesday, March 26.
A man, who was on the roof of a house, came down from the property and the road was reopened about 7.30pm.
No other emergency services attended the scene.
Three police cars were parked in Greenfinch Avenue while officers talked to the man on the roof.
You may also want to watch:
Buses and traffic were redirected for the duration of the incident.
The man was arrested in connection with a public order offence and taken to Suffolk Constabulary’s Martlesham headquarters for questioning.
- 1 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 2 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 3 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 Inside a busy GP surgery: From daily abuse to the face-to-face debate
- 6 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 Future of Swarovski in Buttermarket not crystal clear
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster