Burglars chased off by member of public after breaking into home in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Two men who broke into a home in Ipswich were chased away by a member of the public – who was then threatened as they made their escape.
The break-in happened between 7.50pm and 7.55pm on Sunday, January 13, at a property in Medway Road.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police, two men forced entry by smashing a rear door but were later disturbed by a member of the public as they attempted to climb over the fence in the garden.
The offenders, who verbally threatened the member of the public, then fled the property in the direction of Dereham Avenue.
Nothing was stolen during the break-in.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have dash-cam footage captured between 7pm and 8.30pm in the areas of Medway Road and Dereham Avenue.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity or heard anything during the evening should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/2580/19.
- 1 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
Alternatively, contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.