Body found in River Gipping identified as Ipswich man, 22
- Credit: Archant
The identity of a man pulled from the River Gipping on Monday has been revealed by Suffolk police.
Joe Pooley, aged 22, from Ipswich, was found at around 10.30am on Monday in the River Gipping, near to London Road.
Police are continuing to appeal for information following the discovery of his body.
A post-mortem examination carried out yesterday concluded that the likely cause of his death was immersion in water.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding Mr Pooley’s death, which is currently being treated as unexplained.
You may also want to watch:
A police cordon that was in place at the scene has now been lifted.
At this stage there is no evidence to suggest foul play.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
Anyone who believes they have information which could assist the investigation is asked to contact South CID at Landmark House on 101, quoting CAD 122 of August 13.