Road reopens after Felixstowe crash
- Credit: IPSWICH EAST POLICE
A busy road in Felixstowe has reopened after a crash involving a motorcycle and car.
Recovery vehicles were called to the scene of the crash on Sea Road, Felixstowe, shortly after 8pm Wednesday evening, March 20.
A motorcycle and a car had collided earlier in the afternoon, with police closing the road between The Felsto Arms and The Flying Boat pubs, after arriving on scene at 5.15pm.
The rider of the motorcycle is understood to have been hurt in the collision but it is not clear how seriously. The motorcyclist is believed to have been taken to hospital by ambulance.
An eyewitness said that the motorcycle had hurtled about 40 yards down the road after the crash causing considerable damage.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich East Police had previously tweeted: “Sea Road #Felixstowe between The Felsto and The Flying Boat currently closed due to an RTC. Please avoid the area.”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 5 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast