Suffolk: Slimmers across the county donate clothes to raise funds for a good cause
- Credit: Archant
Super slimmers from across Suffolk have cast aside their ill-fitting clothes and helped to raise vital funds for a good cause.
Members of Slimming World groups in the county have all been taking part in the Big Slimming World Clothes Throw, which saw people donate items of clothing to Cancer Research UK.
Groups in Ipswich and Kesgrave have managed to donate more than 200 bags of clothes to the charity, while 74 bags have come from group members in the Mid Suffolk area and 122 from Suffolk Coastal.
It is estimated that all the clothes combined will net the charity about £10,500.
A spokeswoman for Slimming World said: “We are so proud of all our members for getting involved and supporting this amazing charity.
“Our members were delighted to get behind the cause and jumped at the chance to recycle their old tops, dresses, trousers, skirts and more.
“They’re happy to give them away because they know that they are never going to need them again.”
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 3 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 8 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
- 9 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 10 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
The Clothes Throw is part of a national fundraising drive to help Cancer Research UK, which is this year’s charity partner for Slimming World.
The spokeswoman added: “Cancer Research UK shops welcome clothes in all shapes, sizes and styles and were thrilled to receive such a donation from Ipswich-based Slimming World groups.”
Cancer Research UK funds research into cures and treatments into a variety of different cancers.
For more information, and for details on how you can help the cause, please visit www. cancerresearchuk.org