Suffolk: Still time to nominate your Star of Suffolk
SUFFOLK: Nominations are today rolling in, as outstanding individuals across Suffolk are put forward for the recognition they deserve.
Launched by The Evening Star earlier this month, this year’s Stars of Suffolk awards have already seen courageous youngsters battling illness, dedicated carers, volunteers working tirelessly to help others nominated.
But there is still time to have your say and nominate your Star of Suffolk.
This year’s awards, held in partnership with Suffolk County Council and in association with the East Anglian Daily Times, the Bury Mercury, Sudbury Mercury, Lowestoft Journal and the Beccles and Bungay Journal, will culminate with a glittering awards ceremony on Friday, December 2 at Endeavour House, sponsored by EDF Energy and Suffolk New College.
There are 13 categories – including Carer of the year, Police person of the year, Unsung hero and Healthcare professional of the year – as well as two special awards for the overall winner and the special recognition award.
You may also want to watch:
Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover urged people to nominate the people who make their lives better.
He said: “We have been delighted by the response so far, we have had a huge number of nominations already.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 9 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 10 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
“But there is still time to have your say.
“There are still hundreds of people across Suffolk dedicating their time to improving the lives of others, going above and beyond the call of duty.
“If you know a teacher, carer, neighbour or volunteer that has made a real difference to your local community nominate them for the recognition they deserve.”
Suffolk County Council leader Mark Bee added: “So far we have been inspired by the amazing stories we have been told but we want to hear from you.
“If you know someone who dedicates their time to help others, someone who deserves recognition, fill out a nomination form.
“These awards give us the opportunity to get together as a county and celebrate the stars among us.”
To nominate visit www.onesuffolk.co.uk/starsofsuffolk and fill out the online form, fill out a form in the Evening Star or pick up a form at libraries, hospitals, schools and other county council buildings.
Nominations close on October 28 at 5pm.
n Do you know someone who deserves recognition? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org