Surprise in store for twins' young mum
DELIGHTED Suffolk mum Zoe O'Leary today thanked shop heroines who delivered the ultimate in customer service – when the first of her twins was born in-store. Zoe, 17, was taken by surprise when a routine trip to Debenhams in Ipswich ended up in the maternity wards at Ipswich Hospital.
DELIGHTED Suffolk mum Zoe O'Leary today thanked shop heroines who delivered the ultimate in customer service – when the first of her twins was born in-store.
It was while on a routine shopping trip that 17-year-old Zoe, of Hillrise, Stowmarket, started feeling pains in her stomach.
She had been due to give birth to twins in November, but as her contractions started staff pulled towels from the shelves to run to her aid.
Miss O'Leary, her partner James Tuffs, 19, and their nine-month-old daughter Aaliyah, were taken aside. Miss O'Leary was ushered into the store's baby changing rooms and within the space of 20 minutes a baby boy had been born.
You may also want to watch:
The drama, happened so quickly that the paramedics did not arrive until the baby was delivered.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder