Surprise in store for twins' young mum
DELIGHTED Suffolk mum Zoe O'Leary today thanked shop heroines who delivered the ultimate in customer service – when the first of her twins was born in-store. Zoe, 17, was taken by surprise when a routine trip to Debenhams in Ipswich ended up in the maternity wards at Ipswich Hospital.
DELIGHTED Suffolk mum Zoe O'Leary today thanked shop heroines who delivered the ultimate in customer service – when the first of her twins was born in-store.
It was while on a routine shopping trip that 17-year-old Zoe, of Hillrise, Stowmarket, started feeling pains in her stomach.
She had been due to give birth to twins in November, but as her contractions started staff pulled towels from the shelves to run to her aid.
Miss O'Leary, her partner James Tuffs, 19, and their nine-month-old daughter Aaliyah, were taken aside. Miss O'Leary was ushered into the store's baby changing rooms and within the space of 20 minutes a baby boy had been born.
The drama, happened so quickly that the paramedics did not arrive until the baby was delivered.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 6 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 7 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 8 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country