Suspect arrested after armed raid
A 34-YEAR-OLD Mildenhall man has today been arrested in connection with an armed raid in Woolpit.The terrifying attack happened at HC Addison & Son, a general store in Woolpit.
A 34-YEAR-OLD Mildenhall man has today been arrested in connection with an armed raid in Woolpit.
The terrifying attack happened at HC Addison & Son, a general store in Woolpit.
Masked raiders burst into the shop at about 8.50pm yesterday and it is believed they threatened staff before fleeing with the shop's cash drawer.
One of the suspects was arrested in Mildenhall in the early hours of this morning.
Police descended on the quiet village and cordoned off the premises in The Street, which date back to the 15th Century.
Scenes of crime officers and detectives were also drafted in to comb the shop for forensic evidence and to interview witnesses.
- 1 'Tons' of water leaking from burst water main as people urged to avoid road
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Suffolk after heatwave
- 3 A14 near Ipswich remains partially closed after fire breaks out
- 4 Mum-of-four organises uniform pop-up market
- 5 From Ipswich to LA: 20-year-old Suffolk singer's meteoric rise
- 6 Matchday Recap: How Town's 3-0 win against MK unfolded
- 7 Homes proposed for two sites at Purdis Farm
- 8 Architects plan to create town hall wedding venue
- 9 Police cordon in place outside former Grimwades store in Ipswich
- 10 Man wanted in connection with Ipswich assault arrested
Inspector Martin Barnes-Smith, of Suffolk police, said: "Two men wearing masks entered the shop armed with wooden weapons shaped like truncheons.
"They then made off with a cash drawer, but we are unsure at the moment how much was taken."
Anyone with information should contact Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.