Suspect device not dangerous
RAF Mildenhall has been reopened after a suspicious package discovered earlier today was found not to be dangerous.The main gate at the base was closed at 10.30am after the suspicious package was found on a vehicle attempting to gain entrance.
RAF Mildenhall has been reopened after a suspicious package discovered earlier today was found not to be dangerous.
The main gate at the base was closed at 10.30am after the suspicious package was found on a vehicle attempting to gain entrance.
The A1101 was also closed.
A spokesman at the base said: “The package was determined to be of no danger or threat after being investigated by the 48th Explosive Ordnance Disposal team from RAF Lakenheath and a British Explosive Ordnance Disposal team.
You may also want to watch:
“According to procedures, the 100th Security Forces Squadron team along with the Ministry Guard Service initiated enhanced security measures upon discovering the suspicious package on a vehicle at the base's Main Gate search barn.”
The vehicle was attempting to gain entrance onto the base and was subjected to a routine search.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 7 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 10 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting