Tailbacks clear after town centre crash
MOTORISTS in Ipswich face queues this afternoon after an accident near the town centre.
MOTORISTS in Ipswich faced queues this afternoon after an accident near the town centre.
Much of Star Lane was closed after an orange and white lorry collided with a silver car at 4.07pm.
It caused tailbacks in College Street and Key Street but traffic was flowing normally by 6pm.
Firefighters cut a 35-year-old woman from a silver Chrysler car after it was in collision with an orange and white Iveco Ford van at the junction of Star Lane and Slade Street.
The woman suffered shock and head and neck injuries. The Ambulance Service said her condition was not life threatening.
Paramedics, police and three fire crews attended the crash.
- 1 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 2 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 3 15 of the best photos from Ipswich Music Day 2022
- 4 Keys secured as 'Goliath' £1.2m needed to restore burned down church
- 5 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk neighbourhoods with highest Covid rates
- 6 Jailed in June: The Suffolk criminals locked up last month
- 7 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 8 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 9 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 10 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
Witness Dainer Sykes, 17, said the lorry driver had been able to walk away from his vehicle.