Teddy bears help raise community money
WHO came down to the rec today?All the fun of the fair and a teddy bear's picnic came to town to raise money for community projects – including a trip to an amusement park.
WHO came down to the rec today?
All the fun of the fair and a teddy bear's picnic came to town to raise money for community projects – including a trip to an amusement park.
The fair on Saturday was staged at the recreation ground off Cobham Road, Ipswich.
Organisers were pleased that the community had come together to help further improve their area.
You may also want to watch:
Elke Alderson , chairwoman of the organisation group, said: "It is a community fun day so we organised the people in the area to do their own funding and it has been sponsored by Councillor Rudkin from Suffolk County Council and also Ipswich Borough Council.
"We are having a teddy bear's picnic, five-a-side football, face painting, just like a small fair.
- 1 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 2 New restaurant set to open at former Little Waitrose store this year
- 3 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 4 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 7 Celebrations as Starbucks opens its new Ipswich drive-thru
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Woman injured after being struck by van near Morrisons in Ipswich
- 10 Man released on bail after central Ipswich stabbing
"What ever we raise we will be happy. This community has very large problems and actually for the people to get together and to talk to each other and to have fun is far more important."
The group was hoping that with the money raised they could take some of the children from the area for a day out to New Pleasurewood Hills amusement park, near Lowestoft.