Teddy bears help raise community money
WHO came down to the rec today?All the fun of the fair and a teddy bear's picnic came to town to raise money for community projects – including a trip to an amusement park.
WHO came down to the rec today?
All the fun of the fair and a teddy bear's picnic came to town to raise money for community projects – including a trip to an amusement park.
The fair on Saturday was staged at the recreation ground off Cobham Road, Ipswich.
Organisers were pleased that the community had come together to help further improve their area.
You may also want to watch:
Elke Alderson , chairwoman of the organisation group, said: "It is a community fun day so we organised the people in the area to do their own funding and it has been sponsored by Councillor Rudkin from Suffolk County Council and also Ipswich Borough Council.
"We are having a teddy bear's picnic, five-a-side football, face painting, just like a small fair.
- 1 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 2 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Ed Sheeran to end break from music with performance at Big Weekend
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
"What ever we raise we will be happy. This community has very large problems and actually for the people to get together and to talk to each other and to have fun is far more important."
The group was hoping that with the money raised they could take some of the children from the area for a day out to New Pleasurewood Hills amusement park, near Lowestoft.