Teddy bears help raise community money
WHO came down to the rec today?All the fun of the fair and a teddy bear's picnic came to town to raise money for community projects – including a trip to an amusement park.
WHO came down to the rec today?
All the fun of the fair and a teddy bear's picnic came to town to raise money for community projects – including a trip to an amusement park.
The fair on Saturday was staged at the recreation ground off Cobham Road, Ipswich.
Organisers were pleased that the community had come together to help further improve their area.
Elke Alderson , chairwoman of the organisation group, said: "It is a community fun day so we organised the people in the area to do their own funding and it has been sponsored by Councillor Rudkin from Suffolk County Council and also Ipswich Borough Council.
"We are having a teddy bear's picnic, five-a-side football, face painting, just like a small fair.
- 1 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 2 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 3 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 4 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 5 More than 200 homes in Ipswich without electricity after power cut
- 6 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 7 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 8 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 9 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 10 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
"What ever we raise we will be happy. This community has very large problems and actually for the people to get together and to talk to each other and to have fun is far more important."
The group was hoping that with the money raised they could take some of the children from the area for a day out to New Pleasurewood Hills amusement park, near Lowestoft.