Teenage girl attacked
POLICE are appealing for information after a teenage girl was attacked as she walked in a residential area in Ipswich.The incident happened as the 13-year-old girl walked along an alleyway between Kildare Avenue and Wexford Road at 2pm yesterday .
POLICE are appealing for information after a teenage girl was attacked as she walked in a residential area in Ipswich.
The incident happened as the 13-year-old girl walked along an alleyway between Kildare Avenue and Wexford Road at 2pm yesterday .
The victim was grabbed from behind and pushed to the ground by a man. She struggled and managed to break free and then fled to raise the alarm.
Det Sgt Duncan Sheppard, of Ipswich CID, said: "This was obviously a very distressing incident for this teenager, which has left her extremely shocked.
You may also want to watch:
"We are in the process of speaking to her and making enquiries in the area – and I would appeal to anyone with information to get in touch with us."
The man is described as black, about 5ft 8ins tall and aged about 30 years. He was wearing a blue tracksuit.
- 1 Body found in the River Orwell
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 6 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 7 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 8 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 9 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 10 Cheers! Ipswich pubs and restaurants welcome first indoor guests of 2021
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.