Teenage girl attacked
POLICE are appealing for information after a teenage girl was attacked as she walked in a residential area in Ipswich.The incident happened as the 13-year-old girl walked along an alleyway between Kildare Avenue and Wexford Road at 2pm yesterday .
POLICE are appealing for information after a teenage girl was attacked as she walked in a residential area in Ipswich.
The incident happened as the 13-year-old girl walked along an alleyway between Kildare Avenue and Wexford Road at 2pm yesterday .
The victim was grabbed from behind and pushed to the ground by a man. She struggled and managed to break free and then fled to raise the alarm.
Det Sgt Duncan Sheppard, of Ipswich CID, said: "This was obviously a very distressing incident for this teenager, which has left her extremely shocked.
"We are in the process of speaking to her and making enquiries in the area – and I would appeal to anyone with information to get in touch with us."
The man is described as black, about 5ft 8ins tall and aged about 30 years. He was wearing a blue tracksuit.
- 1 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 4 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 7 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 8 Planning application for new Taco Bell in Ipswich expected 'imminently'
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.