Teenage girl attacked
POLICE are appealing for information after a teenage girl was attacked as she walked in a residential area in Ipswich.The incident happened as the 13-year-old girl walked along an alleyway between Kildare Avenue and Wexford Road at 2pm yesterday .
POLICE are appealing for information after a teenage girl was attacked as she walked in a residential area in Ipswich.
The incident happened as the 13-year-old girl walked along an alleyway between Kildare Avenue and Wexford Road at 2pm yesterday .
The victim was grabbed from behind and pushed to the ground by a man. She struggled and managed to break free and then fled to raise the alarm.
Det Sgt Duncan Sheppard, of Ipswich CID, said: "This was obviously a very distressing incident for this teenager, which has left her extremely shocked.
You may also want to watch:
"We are in the process of speaking to her and making enquiries in the area – and I would appeal to anyone with information to get in touch with us."
The man is described as black, about 5ft 8ins tall and aged about 30 years. He was wearing a blue tracksuit.
- 1 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 2 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Anger at parking fines for butcher, barber and carpet fitter shoppers
- 5 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 6 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket
- 9 Teenager arrested after man suffers cut to neck on Ipswich estate
- 10 Meet the strongest 40+ English woman, a teacher from Ipswich
Anyone with information is asked to contact Ipswich CID on 01473 613500 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.