Teenage paperboy in robbery attempt
POLICE are investigating an attempted robbery on a teenage paper boy.The 14-year-old was carrying out his round in Shotley Close, in Ipswich's Pinebrook Estate, on Friday afternoon when he was approached by two older teenagers.
POLICE are investigating an attempted robbery on a teenage paper boy.
The 14-year-old was carrying out his round in Shotley Close, in Ipswich's Pinebrook Estate, on Friday afternoon when he was approached by two older teenagers.
They asked what he was doing and then demanded money.
When he the paper boy refused, the older boys said they would "physically hurt" the lad if he didn't turn up with cash the following day.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the boy was not hurt in the incident, but had been left "frightened and shaken."
Both offenders had short dark hair and a spotty complexion.
- 1 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 2 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 6 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 7 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
- 8 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 9 26 valuable coins you might have at home
- 10 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
One was said to be about 17 and slightly taller than his companion – who police believe was about a year younger.
Officers investigating the incident are very keen to talk to an elderly woman who was seen in the area when at about 4.30pm – just after the attempted robbery.
Anyone with information should contact detective constable John Peddelty at Hadleigh CID on 01473 383442, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.