Teenager accused of double murder at West Meadows Traveller’s site in Ipswich due to stand trial at Old Bailey
- Credit: Archant
A 17-year-old accused of fatally stabbing two men at a traveller’s site close to the A14, near Ipswich, will be tried at the Old Bailey, a senior judge ruled today.
The teenager, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was not present during today’s hearing at the London court but was represented by lawyers as Mr Justice Spencer heard the case.
He was arrested following the deaths of Barry Street, 32, and 18-year-old Nathan Oakley on December 8.
Police had responded to reports of a stabbing at West Meadows Traveller’s site, in Ipswich. Mr Street and Mr Oakley died at Ipswich Hospital from their injuries.
The defendant is charged with two counts of murder and one count of possession of a bladed article.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in custody ahead of the trial, which is due to start on June 7 and go on for three weeks.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests