Teenager arrested on suspicion of rape
A 17-YEAR-OLD is in police custody today on suspicion of raping a girl outside an Ipswich nightclub.Police tapes surrounded Kartouche nightclub in Princes Street today following the allegations.
A 17-YEAR-OLD is in police custody today on suspicion of raping a girl outside an Ipswich nightclub.
Police tapes surrounded Kartouche nightclub in Princes Street today following the allegations.
A spokeswoman for Ipswich police said that a call was received at around 1.45am today from a young woman saying that she had been raped.
The teenager was arrested soon afterwards and was today being questioned by police.
You may also want to watch:
It has not been revealed whether either the victim or the suspect had been in the nightclub before the attack took place.
The police spokeswoman said that officers are still talking to the victim about the attack.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 9 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
And detectives are still searching for four men in relation to the abduction and rape of a 19-year-old as she made her way home from the nightclub last month.
She told police she was approached by a man of Asian appearance as she made her way towards the railway station and was then bundled into a car before being driven to Downside Close and raped.
The incident happened at around 2.40am on Friday July 8 after the victim had spent the night in the club.
Detective Inspector John Quinton said at the time that the victim of the earlier attack had been left extremely traumatised by the ordeal.
The four men involved in the incident are described as being aged in their 20's.
Three spoke with London accents, one was of Asian appearance and the other three were white.
The car she was dragged into was a small, white, four door.
Police are not linking the two attacks and are still anxious to hear from any witnesses to the rape on July 8.
Anyone who was in the Princes Street or Downside Close area in the early hours of that day or has any information about the attack should call Detective Sergeant Duncan Sheppard at Ipswich police station on 01473 383132 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.