Teenager attacked in Ipswich
DETECTIVES are today investigating the indecent assault of a teenager in a residential area of Ipswich.A 17-year-old girl was walking home from town after a night out when the attacker pounced.
By Georgina James
DETECTIVES are today investigating the indecent assault of a teenager in a residential area of Ipswich.
The 17-year-old girl was walking home from town after a night out when the attacker pounced.
As the girl walked along Bishops Hill and into Nacton Road a man appeared from a driveway. He grabbed hold of her and then indecently assaulted her at about 1.30 this morning.
You may also want to watch:
After a brief struggle and possibly being disturbed by a passing motorist, the attacker then ran off. Today the area where the attack happened was cordoned off by police.
Scenes of crime officers were expected to examine the scene today.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 5 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 6 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 Triumph Tiger rider denies being over alcohol limit
It is understood that the victim did not require hospital treatment after the assault.
The attacker is described as white, aged about 25-30 and was wearing dark, possibly black, clothing.
Police would like anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident to get in touch with them immediately. It is understood there were vehicles passing close to where the assault took place.
Anyone with information should call Ds Paul Barber at Ipswich CID on 01473 383132 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.