Teenager attacked in Ipswich
DETECTIVES are today investigating the indecent assault of a teenager in a residential area of Ipswich.A 17-year-old girl was walking home from town after a night out when the attacker pounced.
By Georgina James
DETECTIVES are today investigating the indecent assault of a teenager in a residential area of Ipswich.
The 17-year-old girl was walking home from town after a night out when the attacker pounced.
As the girl walked along Bishops Hill and into Nacton Road a man appeared from a driveway. He grabbed hold of her and then indecently assaulted her at about 1.30 this morning.
After a brief struggle and possibly being disturbed by a passing motorist, the attacker then ran off. Today the area where the attack happened was cordoned off by police.
Scenes of crime officers were expected to examine the scene today.
- 1 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 2 Goat dies and ponies injured after dog attack
- 3 Man was allegedly battered to death in Ipswich guest house, jury hears
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 6 Two men steal pedal bike from outside Ipswich primary school
- 7 Final homes in 75-house development to go on sale
- 8 Ipswich business worry as customers rein back spending
- 9 Revealed: The top serious crash hotspots in Ipswich
- 10 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
It is understood that the victim did not require hospital treatment after the assault.
The attacker is described as white, aged about 25-30 and was wearing dark, possibly black, clothing.
Police would like anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident to get in touch with them immediately. It is understood there were vehicles passing close to where the assault took place.
Anyone with information should call Ds Paul Barber at Ipswich CID on 01473 383132 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.