Teenager bailed after drivers allegedly forced to swerve objects thrown onto A14 near Copdock
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
A 13-year-old boy who was arrested at the weekend after objects were reportedly thrown on to passing vehicles on the A14 near Ipswich has been bailed until April, police have announced.
Suffolk Constabulary received a number of reports from members of the public travelling along the eastbound carriageway of the A14 near Copdock between of objects being allegedly thrown at passing vehicles at around 12.20pm and 12.50pm on Saturday.
Officers attended the scene and a 13-year-old boy was arrested in connection with the incident.
He was questioned by officers has been bailed to return to police in April.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “The 13-year-old was arrested around 12.55pm (on Saturday). He was taken into custody at Martlesham (Police Investigation Centre) where he was interviewed by officers before being bailed to return to police on April 7.
You may also want to watch:
“Anyone who saw what happened or anyone who has any information that can assist should call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting CAD number 184 of Saturday March 11.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 5 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea