Teenager hurt by lamppost
A TEENAGER has been taken to hospital today after walking into a lamppost in Ipswich.
A TEENAGER has been taken to hospital today after walking into a lamppost in an Ipswich street.
The 18-year-old woman suffered lacerations to her head as a result of the accident in Tacket Street, in the town centre, just before 8.50am.
Building workers renovating a shop in the street gave her tissues to stem the blood and called an ambulance to take her to hospital.
A spokeswoman for the ambulance said the teenager's injuries were not thought to be serious but because they involved her head she was taken to the hospital to be checked over for possible concussion.
One of the construction workers said she did not seem badly hurt and was able to walk into the ambulance.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 5 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 6 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 7 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 8 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 9 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 10 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence