Teenager in attempted mugging
A teenage girl is recovering today after an attempted robbery by four men as she walked home from town.The 17-year-old girl has been left badly bruised and shaken by the incident, which happened at about 5.
A teenage girl is recovering today after an attempted robbery by four men as she walked home from town.
The 17-year-old girl was badly bruised and shaken by the incident, which happened at about 5.30pm yesterday in Ipswich.
She needed hospital treatment after the attack but is now back home.
Her mother said: "I am still trying to come to terms with it all. We are all very shocked. Her ribs and her left arm are badly bruised. She also suffered injuries to her neck. I expect she will be very sore and stiff today."
You may also want to watch:
When her daughter came home tears, she wondered what had happened.
The mother added: "I am so thankful that she wasn't hurt more seriously, although I'm angry that it happened in the first place.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 3 'Gutted' Ipswich burger van man loses everything in fire devastation
- 4 Mum opens eco-friendly refill store thanks to savings and public donations
- 5 Man left with life-changing injuries following stabbing in Ipswich
- 6 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 7 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 8 New Starbucks drive thru set to open in Ipswich
- 9 Man charged with assault after police officer punched in the face
- 10 'Controlling' man locked girlfriend in house
"It's difficult to say how this might affect her. We won't know until the initial shock has worn off. I just hope they catch the men that did this."
The assault happened as the victim was walking along a small lane beside The Old Bell pub in Bell Close.
The girl heard someone shout at her from behind and as she turned around she was approached by a gang of four men, all aged around 20.
One of the men grabbed her by the shoulder, pushed aher gainst the wall and demanded money from her. The girl fell to the floor and was physically assaulted by one of the men.
They then demanded her mobile phone, but the girl refused and shouted at the men, who fled the scene empty-handed.
The first offender is described as white, 6ft, of slim build with blond hair. He was wearing black trousers and a blue jacket.
The second man was black with a bald or shaven head and about 5ft 7in. He was wearing white trousers and a dark jacket.
The third man was white and was wearing a dark baseball cap and dark tracksuit trousers.
The fourth man is described as white, 5ft 10in, of heavy build with dark spiky hair. He was wearing blue jeans and a dark shirt.
Police are anxious to hear from anybody who was in the area and witnessed the incident or who recognises the offenders from the description. If you can help, contact Dc Sandy McBride at Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.