Teenagers arrested after street fight spills into The Woolpack pub
- Credit: Archant
Seven teenagers were arrested after a street fight spilled into a busy pub located near to Ipswich Music Day.
Police were called to Tuddenham Road at 5.20pm today to reports of a fight. It was reported the incident had broken out in the road, briefly spilling into the The Woolpack pub.
Landlady Marita Hunter-Rodwell said a group of teenagers, who were not customers, were fighting outside the pub and then started throwing glasses and bottles at each other.
Those arrested for affray were a 15-year-old boy from Ipswich, two 16-year-old boys from Ipswich, a 17-year-old from Stowmarket, and an 18-year-old from Ipswich.
Two 16-year-old boys from Ipswich were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder, and also taken away for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Police closed Tuddenham Road next to the pub while they took down forensics at the scene.
Miss Hunter-Rodwell said: “We have stayed open as normal, all the staff did really well and were calm.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 9 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
The altercation took place close to the popular Ipswich Music Day which was being held in Christchurch Park.