Teenagers arrested after street fight spills into The Woolpack pub
- Credit: Archant
Seven teenagers were arrested after a street fight spilled into a busy pub located near to Ipswich Music Day.
Police were called to Tuddenham Road at 5.20pm today to reports of a fight. It was reported the incident had broken out in the road, briefly spilling into the The Woolpack pub.
Landlady Marita Hunter-Rodwell said a group of teenagers, who were not customers, were fighting outside the pub and then started throwing glasses and bottles at each other.
Those arrested for affray were a 15-year-old boy from Ipswich, two 16-year-old boys from Ipswich, a 17-year-old from Stowmarket, and an 18-year-old from Ipswich.
Two 16-year-old boys from Ipswich were arrested on suspicion of violent disorder, and also taken away for questioning.
Police closed Tuddenham Road next to the pub while they took down forensics at the scene.
Miss Hunter-Rodwell said: “We have stayed open as normal, all the staff did really well and were calm.”
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 6 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
The altercation took place close to the popular Ipswich Music Day which was being held in Christchurch Park.