Teenagers organise animal charity walk
A GROUP of teenagers are taking animal welfare in their stride and are raising money for the Blue Cross charity.Lucy Pearson and her friends have organised a sponsored dog walk around the bridle paths of Kesgrave to raise funds for the Felixstowe based animal charity.
A GROUP of teenagers are taking animal welfare in their stride and are raising money for the Blue Cross charity.
Lucy Pearson and her friends have organised a sponsored dog walk around the bridle paths of Kesgrave to raise funds for the Felixstowe based animal charity.
And they are hoping to attract other people to take a step in the direction and join them in their walk to raise as much money as possible.
Lucy, 13, from Main Road, Kesgrave decided to organise the dog walk after visiting the charity.
She said: "I have loved animals all my life and have wanted to do something for charity for quite a while.
"I went to the Blue Cross and seeing them care for the animals made me want to do something all the more."
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 8 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Former camera shop Jessops cited for three flats in Ipswich
In a bid to boost the amount of money raised, Lucy and her friends made posters to put up around Kesgrave encouraging others to join them on their walk.
So far seven people will be stepping out complete with their dogs and the Blue Cross is also providing badges and scarfs for all those taking part.
But they are hoping that even more people will come forward and brave the February chill to take part in the walk this Saturday.
It starts at 11am in the car park of the new Millenium Pavilion at Longstrops in Kesgrave.