Teenagers organise animal charity walk
A GROUP of teenagers are taking animal welfare in their stride and are raising money for the Blue Cross charity.Lucy Pearson and her friends have organised a sponsored dog walk around the bridle paths of Kesgrave to raise funds for the Felixstowe based animal charity.
A GROUP of teenagers are taking animal welfare in their stride and are raising money for the Blue Cross charity.
Lucy Pearson and her friends have organised a sponsored dog walk around the bridle paths of Kesgrave to raise funds for the Felixstowe based animal charity.
And they are hoping to attract other people to take a step in the direction and join them in their walk to raise as much money as possible.
Lucy, 13, from Main Road, Kesgrave decided to organise the dog walk after visiting the charity.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I have loved animals all my life and have wanted to do something for charity for quite a while.
"I went to the Blue Cross and seeing them care for the animals made me want to do something all the more."
- 1 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 2 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 5 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 Driver faces court after BMW clocked at 110mph on A14
- 8 Cyclist suffers injuries after crash in Ipswich
- 9 Receptionist spent 40 days and nights living in Ipswich animal shelter
- 10 Man caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
In a bid to boost the amount of money raised, Lucy and her friends made posters to put up around Kesgrave encouraging others to join them on their walk.
So far seven people will be stepping out complete with their dogs and the Blue Cross is also providing badges and scarfs for all those taking part.
But they are hoping that even more people will come forward and brave the February chill to take part in the walk this Saturday.
It starts at 11am in the car park of the new Millenium Pavilion at Longstrops in Kesgrave.