Temporary spaces at Ipswich’s Crown Car Park to close from December 31
- Credit: Archant
The temporary car park spaces opened over Christmas at the developing Crown car Park multi-storey will be closed from Sunday.
A 540-space multi-storey car park is being developed on the Crown car Park site in Charles Street.
Now, the borough council has confirmed those 44 spaces will be closed from 4pm on Sunday, December 31, so work there can continue.
Motorists using the car park on Sunday are being urged not to leave their cars in the area after 4pm.
The new multi-storey car park is already well underway, and is due to be opened in Spring.
The 336-space car park on the site previously was closed in May to allow the £5.5million seven-month development to begin, as part of the council’s drive to replace lost parking.
- 1 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 2 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 3 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 6 Nursing class looking to reunite after four decades
- 7 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 8 School's 'greatest ever sporting achievement' could take them to Wembley
- 9 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 10 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault