Thanet Road's right Royal party
AS evening descended upon Ipswich the people of Thanet Road were still out enjoying their jubilee celebrations.This was a real street party reminiscent of the Silver Jubilee back in 1977.
AS evening descended upon Ipswich the people of Thanet Road were still out enjoying their jubilee celebrations.
This was a real street party reminiscent of the Silver Jubilee back in 1977.
Tables and chairs lined the road and bunting hung from the houses like the decoration around a well iced cake.
Children took part in egg and spoon races and everyone wore name badges.
You may also want to watch:
Residents had also got together and served up a right royal buffet.
Maureen Taylor, of Thanet Road, said the response had been fantastic.
- 1 Woman in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 2 First views of £1.5m new seafront cafe as hoardings removed
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 5 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
- 6 Developers seek views on plans for 150 homes on farmland
- 7 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 8 'They saved a life' - neighbour praises firefighters in Ipswich house blaze
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Iconic names, a disastrous relationship and now a music superstar - the evolution of Town’s shirt sponsors
"I am so glad to be celebrating the jubilee. The turn out has been wonderful and lots of the people here are the children and grandchildren of residents. It has been a great response and a great day."