Thanet Road's right Royal party
AS evening descended upon Ipswich the people of Thanet Road were still out enjoying their jubilee celebrations.This was a real street party reminiscent of the Silver Jubilee back in 1977.
AS evening descended upon Ipswich the people of Thanet Road were still out enjoying their jubilee celebrations.
This was a real street party reminiscent of the Silver Jubilee back in 1977.
Tables and chairs lined the road and bunting hung from the houses like the decoration around a well iced cake.
Children took part in egg and spoon races and everyone wore name badges.
You may also want to watch:
Residents had also got together and served up a right royal buffet.
Maureen Taylor, of Thanet Road, said the response had been fantastic.
- 1 Nadia Cenci to get equality training after 'virtually no racism' tweet
- 2 Summertime Ipswich to bring the party to the Waterfront next month
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
- 5 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 6 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 7 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 8 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 9 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
- 10 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
"I am so glad to be celebrating the jubilee. The turn out has been wonderful and lots of the people here are the children and grandchildren of residents. It has been a great response and a great day."