Is snow heading to Suffolk and north Essex next week during coldest spell of winter?
- Credit: Archant
Forecasters are predicting a cold start to the beginning of March as temperatures struggle to rise above freezing.
The cause of all this weather has been dubbed the ‘Beast from the East’ as high pressure which has been building over Scandinavia comes across the UK with cold air also coming in from Russia.
Phil Garner, from regional forecaster Weatherquest, said that temperatures would be turning colder over the weekend as the winds start to arrive from the east.
This cold weather will continue into next week with some flurries of snow to be expected from Sunday onwards.
Though forecasters remain unsure of the exact timings, snow is most likely on Tuesday and into Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
The cold weather is set to continue into next weekend too.
- 1 Teenagers arrested after 17-year-old boy stabbed in Ipswich
- 2 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 3 Police cordon off section of Ipswich residential street
- 4 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
- 5 How pub was transformed into community hub
- 6 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 7 School completes £15.5million revamp with demolition of former building
- 8 'I couldn't stop smiling': Kesgrave Kitchen named best Ipswich café
- 9 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case
- 10 Teenage boy denies knife attack near Ipswich supermarket