Driver arrested after testing positive for cannabis and cocaine in Ipswich
- Credit: Google
A driver stopped in Ipswich early this morning tested positive for cannabis and cocaine, police said.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads Policing and Firearms Unit tweeted to say the driver had been arrested following a positive drugs wipe test.
The car had been stopped in London Road, Ipswich, where the driver was also reported to have been found in possession of drugs.
Suffolk Constabulary had launched a month-long campaign in June targeting drink and drug drivers.
Announcing the start of the campaign, Sgt Peter Howlett of the roads policing unit said: “This is an offence we target all year round but the summer campaign gives us the opportunity to raise awareness of the dangers driving under the influence can have, that a minority of motorists still chose to ignore.
“Drink or drug driving impairs your judgement, making your reactions slower, therefore increasing the chance of being involved in a collision.”
Police in Norfolk and Suffolk will be targeting motorists who drive under the influence of drink or drugs as part of a month-long campaign.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 3 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 4 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 5 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 6 Dog rescued from flat fire
- 7 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 8 'Vile violation of trust' - son hits out after carer stole £1,700 from mum
- 9 A14 closed overnight as lorry overturns in multi-vehicle pile up
- 10 Politicians make Ipswich a third division town