The paedophiles' legal loophole
CONVICTED paedophiles can be welcomed in to schools to mingle with children. All they have to do is become a school governor.The Evening Star today reveals a shocking loophole in the law.
By Richard Cornwell
CONVICTED paedophiles can be welcomed in to schools to mingle with children. All they have to do is become a school governor.
The Evening Star today reveals a shocking loophole in the law. Current codes of conduct and legislation do not make it necessary for serving councillors or governors to admit they have received a police caution, even if it involves offences with children.
The situation has been uncovered by a Star investigation after the admission yesterday by disgraced councillor David Smith that he downloaded child porn from the internet.
You may also want to watch:
Had he made his admission from the start and received a caution at the police station, he would probably still be serving as a school governor, with no one any the wiser.
FULL REPORT IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Man jailed for attacking teenage girl with saucepan and meat cleaver in Ipswich
- 2 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 3 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 4 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 5 Ipswich bar forced to close early after staff attacked
- 6 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 7 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
- 8 Man drove into ex-partner's parked car outside Gainsborough Labour and Social Club
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay
- 10 Developer 'ecstatic' as multi-million pound town hotel gets green light