The paedophiles' legal loophole
CONVICTED paedophiles can be welcomed in to schools to mingle with children. All they have to do is become a school governor.The Evening Star today reveals a shocking loophole in the law.
By Richard Cornwell
CONVICTED paedophiles can be welcomed in to schools to mingle with children. All they have to do is become a school governor.
The Evening Star today reveals a shocking loophole in the law. Current codes of conduct and legislation do not make it necessary for serving councillors or governors to admit they have received a police caution, even if it involves offences with children.
The situation has been uncovered by a Star investigation after the admission yesterday by disgraced councillor David Smith that he downloaded child porn from the internet.
You may also want to watch:
Had he made his admission from the start and received a caution at the police station, he would probably still be serving as a school governor, with no one any the wiser.
FULL REPORT IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 4 Did you enjoy a night out at Splitz Bar in 2002?
- 5 'My life is on hold' – Ipswich man's plea for life-changing surgery
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Trial date agreed as boy faces attempted murder charge
- 7 New Ipswich fine food store is back - and smoked eels prove a hit
- 8 Historic Waterfront church to be new Ipswich music venue
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Labour lose seats but retain power: Ipswich election results in full