The paedophiles' legal loophole
CONVICTED paedophiles can be welcomed in to schools to mingle with children. All they have to do is become a school governor.The Evening Star today reveals a shocking loophole in the law.
By Richard Cornwell
CONVICTED paedophiles can be welcomed in to schools to mingle with children. All they have to do is become a school governor.
The Evening Star today reveals a shocking loophole in the law. Current codes of conduct and legislation do not make it necessary for serving councillors or governors to admit they have received a police caution, even if it involves offences with children.
The situation has been uncovered by a Star investigation after the admission yesterday by disgraced councillor David Smith that he downloaded child porn from the internet.
Had he made his admission from the start and received a caution at the police station, he would probably still be serving as a school governor, with no one any the wiser.
FULL REPORT IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 2 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 3 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 4 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 5 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 6 'Definitely worth it' - Late night shoppers turn out in Ipswich
- 7 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 8 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 9 8 things to do with friends and family in Suffolk this weekend
- 10 Man taken to hospital after being stabbed in chest and arms