Then and now: The changing face of Ipswich town centre
Ipswich Cornhill, Carr Street and Upper Orwell Street - we launch our exciting interactive pictures as part of our nostalgia series.
It is amazing to see how much Ipswich town centre has changed over the past 90 years.
We love delving into our archives and seeing old pictures of our town, and hearing of the memories they evoke among our readers.
Do you remember when traffic could travel through Ipswich Cornhill, or when Woolworths was among the largest stores on our high street?
Following on with the success of our Ipswich Remembers Facebook page, we have launched an interactive series that allows us to merge old and new photographs taken in the same location.
This week we are focusing on Cornhill, Carr Street and Upper Orwell Street, and we will look at other areas in the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Simply move the slider from left to right to see how different the street scene looks now.
To share your ideas for future comparisons, or to send us your nostalgic pictures to help us gather before and after shots, send us an email.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 4 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 9 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea