Thinking Out Loud singer Ed Sheeran dines at Nando’s in Cardinal Park, Ipswich
- Credit: PA
A waitress described Ed Sheeran as “genuine” and “down to earth” following his visit to an Ipswich restaurant.
The superstar, who is from the Suffolk village of Framlingham, went for a meal at Nando’s in Ipswich’s Cardinal Park on Monday (December 19) afternoon.
Waitress Sarah Jane Elliott showed Ed to his seat along with his guest, thought to be his manager.
She said: “I didn’t think it was him at first when he walked in.
“He is honestly the most genuine person, he’s so down to earth. It was really nice to have him here.
“Everyone recognised him but they just left him to it. I was surprised how respectful they were.
“He’s so nice, he stacked the plates and handed them over.”
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 4 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 5 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 6 Man order to sign sex offenders' registers for possessing indecent images
- 7 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 8 Fuel protests: Twelve miles of queues reported on A12
- 9 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 10 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
Holly, one of the managers who did not want to give her last name, grabbed a quick ‘selfie’ with the singer after his lunch.
She said: “He’s pretty chilled out, it was good.
“Everyone just didn’t pay attention because they were trying to be respectful.”
In 2010 Ed posted a video online of him and rapper Example freestyling a song called The Nando’s Skank - all about their love of chicken.