Thousands raised for Comic Relief
PROVING that every 2p makes a difference – your Evening Star has raised almost £1,000 for Comic Relief.Teaming-up with Sainsbury's saw a massive amount of money raised for the red nose day charity last Friday.
PROVING that every 2p makes a difference – your Evening Star has raised almost £1,000 for Comic Relief.
Teaming-up with Sainsbury's saw a massive amount of money raised for the red nose day charity last Friday.
From every copy of the Evening Star sold at Sainsbury's stores last week, 2p was contributed to the good cause. With 2p of every paper sold all over the county on Friday going into the pot as well.
Sainsbury's staff themselves managed to raise more than £1,000 at their Upper Brook Street store, in Ipswich, alone, including our contribution.
And with the totals raised from the Hadleigh Road and Warren Heath stores added together it meant the stores raised a total of over £10,000.
Lian Meachen , senior duty manager at the Hadleigh Road store, said: "We are delighted with the totals raised.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 8 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 9 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 10 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
"At this store alone we had a fun run, fancy dress and all sorts of other wacky events going on throughout the day and we would like to thank all our staff and customers for their support."