Thousands raised for Comic Relief
PROVING that every 2p makes a difference – your Evening Star has raised almost £1,000 for Comic Relief.Teaming-up with Sainsbury's saw a massive amount of money raised for the red nose day charity last Friday.
PROVING that every 2p makes a difference – your Evening Star has raised almost £1,000 for Comic Relief.
Teaming-up with Sainsbury's saw a massive amount of money raised for the red nose day charity last Friday.
From every copy of the Evening Star sold at Sainsbury's stores last week, 2p was contributed to the good cause. With 2p of every paper sold all over the county on Friday going into the pot as well.
Sainsbury's staff themselves managed to raise more than £1,000 at their Upper Brook Street store, in Ipswich, alone, including our contribution.
You may also want to watch:
And with the totals raised from the Hadleigh Road and Warren Heath stores added together it meant the stores raised a total of over £10,000.
Lian Meachen , senior duty manager at the Hadleigh Road store, said: "We are delighted with the totals raised.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 3 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 4 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 5 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 6 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 7 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
"At this store alone we had a fun run, fancy dress and all sorts of other wacky events going on throughout the day and we would like to thank all our staff and customers for their support."