Three arrested after post office raid
POLICE have today arrested three men after a suspected robbery at an Ipsiwch sub post office.A man walked into Fore Street post office at about 12.50pm and demanded money from a cashier while he appeared to be holding a gun.
POLICE have today arrested three men after a suspected robbery at an Ipsiwch sub post office.
A man walked into Fore Street post office at about 12.50pm and demanded money from a cashier while he appeared to be holding a gun.
It is not believed he made off with any cash but it is thought he may have snatched a customer's handbag before fleeing the scene.
Police scenes of crimes officers descended on the quiet town centre back street to scour through any available evidence.
By-passers seemed non plussed by the event, neighbouring shopkeepers even wandering across the road to use the post office before being turned away by the plain clothed officers.
She appealed for anyone at the scene at the time of the robbery to come forward with any information.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 3 Family's gratitude after Christmas samaritan's £50 act of kindness
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 6 Speed limit on Orwell Bridge reduced as Storm Barra hits region
- 7 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 8 Beautiful new bottomless brunches launch at Ipswich bar
- 9 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 10 Former camera shop Jessops cited for three flats in Ipswich
Anyone with information should contact Ipswich CID on 01473 383133 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Meanwhile Jon Richardson, sub-postmaster at Ipswich's Brunswick Road Post Office and the regional secretary of sub-postmasters reacted with shock to the news – but said that post offices and their staff are becoming increasingly vulnerable.
"It is just very worrying that these incidents seem to be occurring and there is this lawlessness happening in town," he said.