Three die on Suffolk roads
THREE Suffolk families are in mourning today after a night of tragedy on the county's roads.A woman driver and a male passenger in their 20s were killed while two others were injured at Freston.
THREE Suffolk families are in mourning today after a night of tragedy on the county's roads.
A woman driver and a male passenger in their 20s were killed while two others were injured at Freston.
They died after the Peugeot 205 they were in mounted a grass island at a junction, became airborne, hit a Give Way sign and ended up in ditch.
The tragedy, which happened shortly before 9.45pm yesterday, was followed by a third fatality just over two hours later when a pedestrian died after colliding with a car.
You may also want to watch:
The man, who is believed to be from the Felixstowe area, was walking on the slip road of the A14 towards Felixstowe at the Seven Hills interchange near Nacton, when he collided with a Volkswagen just before midnight.
The two men who escaped with their lives but were injured in the earlier crash at the junction of the B1456 and the B1080 were taken to Ipswich Hospital.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 4 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 6 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 7 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 8 Kesgrave Kitchen praised by local MP after 'fantastic' transformation
- 9 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 10 Stroke survivor cut off from family in lockdown returns home
One of the injured had to be cut free from the wreckage of the vehicle by firefighters and is said to have serious injuries. The other man suffered minor injuries.
FULL STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR