Three men saved as vessel sinks
THREE men were plucked from the sea as their vessel sank near Southend pier today.Thames Coastguard received a call at midday today reporting that the 30ft motor cruiser had broken down and was drifting.
THREE men were plucked from the sea as their vessel sank near Southend pier today.
Thames Coastguard received a call at midday today reporting that the 30ft motor cruiser had broken down and was drifting.
Southend RNLI lifeboat was requested to launch and began making its way towards the vessel, which was situated 11 miles east of the pier. However the crew of the vessel told the coastguard that they were beginning to sink, so the Sheerness RNLI lifeboat was called along with a rescue helicopter.
When the Southend lifeboat arrived on scene, the three men, who are in their 40s and 50s from the Essex area, were in the water clinging to the remnants of their vessel. They were rescued from the sea by the lifeboat crew as their vessel finally sank.
Two of them were wearing lifejackets and one of them was wearing a blue life preserver.
They were cold and mildly hypothermic, so were airlifted to Southend Hospital.
- 1 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 2 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 3 Gang jailed for 'horrific' torture attack on man in Ipswich home
- 4 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
- 5 Ipswich School named among the best in the region
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Four charged over alleged samurai sword attack
- 8 Suffolk headteacher criticises school rankings
- 9 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 10 Plans submitted to turn special measures care home into hotel