Three stabbed in town fight
THREE men are being quizzed by detectives today after three others suffered multiple stab wounds in Ipswich.A man in his in his early 20s was one of three people knifed in the Cardinal Park area of Ipswich at about 2am today.
THREE men are being quizzed by detectives today after three others suffered multiple stab wounds in Ipswich.
A man in his in his early 20s was one of three people knifed in the Cardinal Park area of Ipswich at about 2am today.
A 19-year-old man, from Ipswich, a 28-year-old man from Woodbridge, and third man are in custody at Ipswich police station as investigations continue into the horrific incident.
Blood-stained dressings and a trail of blood spots were all clearly visible in Quadling Street early this morning and marked the area where the crime took place.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed the six people directly involved had been on a night out in Cardinal Park and were leaving the area when the clash erupted. It is not known what triggered the incident.
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Ambulance Trust said: "We were called to the Cardinal Park area of Ipswich at about 2am today.
- 1 Anger as 'selfish' fly-tippers dump couch in Ipswich street
- 2 Man arrested over Cardinal Park stabbing
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Seafront theatre set for big improvements and balcony dining
- 6 Army helicopter lands in field near Nacton after developing fault
- 7 Warning of lightning strikes across Suffolk as stormy weather continues
- 8 26 valuable coins you might have at home
- 9 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 10 Ipswich man in court accused of setting light to car
"There were three casualties and one man in his 20s who had suffered multiple stab wounds. There were also reports the victims suffered stab wounds to the arm, back and stomach.
"All three people were taken to Ipswich Hospital."
The incident was captured on closed circuit television operating in the area and police were alerted to the incident by the system operators. This was being studied by detectives in a bid to find out the sequence of events leading up to it.
The immediate area was initially sealed off as officers scoured the scene for clues in their probe.
None of the injuries suffered are thought to be life-threatening.
Although it is not known whether the people involved in the incident had been drinking, it comes at a time when Ipswich is taking part in a national crackdown on alcohol-related violence.
This has seen officers target the problems surrounding binge drinking in a bid to make the town a safer place late at night.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.