Three Stoke High School pupils win inaugural Elliston Award for place at Ipswich High School for Girls sixth form
- Credit: Archant
Three star students at Stoke High School will take up places at Ipswich High School for Girls’ sixth form in September, having been awarded the Elliston Award.
The award, launched by the school for the first time this year, enables promising students to earn a place at the prestigious sixth form with up to 50% off their fees.
After strong applications, entrance exams and interviews, the three awards were given to Stoke pupils Maryam Temory, Krista Lineja and Ruby Sibthorpe.
The three are now finalising their A-level choices.
Rob Hastings, the school’s sixth form director said: “The Elliston Award has allowed us to attract strong pupils from state schools who would not otherwise have considered our sixth form.
You may also want to watch:
“Krista, Maryam and Ruby are all excellent students with a real passion for learning and I am confident that Ipswich High School will provide a strong education and the support they need to flourish.”
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 5 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 6 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 9 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 10 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea