Throwback Thursday: Radio One Roadshow and Crown pools in August 1997
- Credit: ANDY PARSONS
It’s time to look back into our archives, this time to August 1997, in our weekly series Throwback Thursday.
To start, we head over to Christchurch Park, Ipswich, and the popular BBC Radio One Roadshow where thousands of people watched and listened to an assortment of live music and entertainment.
Next we head over to one of the most popular night clubs between the 80s and 90s, Libertys, where our photographer captured the scenes.
An arts and crafts day was held at Christchurch Mansion to entertain children with many creating prints of their own designs.
Crown Pools got the inflatables and toys out to allow children a day of fun splashing around in the pool during their school holidays.
And finally, ahead of the new season, Ipswich Town held their open day, hosting a number of activites and allowing fans to watch an open training session.
- 1 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 2 CCTV appeal after cash stolen from ATM dispensing tray at Ipswich store
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 5 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 6 Wallet and cash stolen as two more cars have windows smashed in in Ipswich
- 7 Police warning after Suffolk driver speeds at 126mph
- 8 Delays on Orwell Bridge after fire crews called to 'smoke coming from vehicle'
- 9 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 10 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening