Tonight’s the night for ball
SUFFOLK: The wait is almost over for one of the most eagerly-anticipated events in the county’s social calendar.
The Ipswich and Suffolk Press Ball – this year called the ES 125 Ball in honour of The Evening Star’s 125th birthday – takes place tonight in the sophisticated, intimate and stylish surroundings of Hintlesham Hall.
The event, now in its 14th year, is sure to be the most spectacular yet and is due to raise thousands of pounds for two very worthy causes – the Cystic Fibrosis Trust and St Elizabeth Hospice.
Guests will be in for a musical treat as soul sensation FiL Straughan takes the event’s headline spot. Aside from an exquisite banquet in a draped marquee and entertainment from a host of Suffolk musicians, the big performance of the night will come from FiL, who has appeared in the past with Hot Chocolate and Ray Lewis’s Drifters.
Straughan, who appeared at last year’s ball, will be joined by other entertainers on a night which will also boast an auction with fabulous lots, including a holiday valued at �8,000.
The ball, sponsored by Tiger.co.uk, has built a reputation as one of the most exciting events in Suffolk. The price of the tickets is �100, and the table cost for ten people is �1,000.
Evening Star editor Nigel Pickover said: “We’re raising significant money for two incredibly welcome causes. We anticipate a brilliant night of fun, entertainment and fundraising.”
- 1 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 2 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 3 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 4 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 5 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 6 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 7 Severe delays on A14 as lane blocked on Orwell Bridge
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 10 Why has my car been covered in dust?
Mick Parker, managing director of event organisers Parker Communications, said: “There will be food and wine of the highest quality, served within magnificent surroundings and coupled with marvellous entertainment. Guests get exclusive use of Hintlesham Hall on a fabulous night of fundraising – the driving force behind it all.”
To book a table, contact Michelle Dorrell at the Star on 01473 324867 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Hintlesham Hall directly on 01473 652334.
n Has your cause been helped by the Press Ball? Write to Your Letters, The Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN.