Tonight will be coldest night of autumn so far
SUFFOLK: Parts of the county are tonight set to endure the coldest night of autumn so far.
SUFFOLK: Parts of the county were last night expected to endure the coldest night of autumn so far.
A cold snap was set to hit parts of the region bringing temperatures down as low as minus 3 degrees celius in some places.
The snap isn't expected to last however and the rest of week should be fairly mild.
A spokesman for Weatherquest said last night: “It's going to be chilly overnight and into tomorrow morning.
“The winds will be moving north so we'll see clear skies and temperatures dropping to freezing for most of the county.
“Some parts will experience the coldest night of autumn so far this year.”
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Road closed after crash leaves pedestrian injured and vehicle in ditch
- 3 New restaurant could be coming to the Waterfront, but theatre plans dropped
- 4 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 5 Masked man 'snatched' bag from woman in Ipswich alleyway
- 6 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 7 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 8 Six Suffolk curry houses named among best in England
- 9 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 10 23-year-old Felixstowe woman pleads guilty to assault
It was predicted that the west of Suffolk would experience the coldest temperatures with places such as Newmarket seeing temperatures drop to minus 3 degrees.
It was due to be milder in the east and on the coast with temperatures varying between 1 and 2 degrees.
Temperatures are set to rise as the week progresses.