Top band welcomes new music site
ONE of Suffolk's top bands today welcomed The Evening Star's new dedicated music website and Battle of the Bands competition.
ONE of Ipswich's top bands today welcomed The Evening Star's new dedicated music website and Battle of the Bands competition.
Due to be launched on June 20, www.lovemusic24.co.uk will include a comprehensive gig guide, information on bands and venues and gig reviews - your must see guide to the Ipswich music scene.
Popular act Rosalita today gave their thumbs up to the initiative.
Ben Groom, 26, front man and keyboard player, said Ipswich could play host to more touring bands but is a great place for up and coming talent.
He said: “There are lots of bands that come out of Ipswich. And though some people say the industry isn't interested in Ipswich it is easier to get a following here than some of the bigger cities.
“We managed to build up quite a big following very quickly and if you are of a certain standard and put the work in people will give you a chance to perform your stuff.”
- 1 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 2 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 3 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 4 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 5 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
- 6 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 7 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Group of youths seen carrying weapons in Ipswich park
- 10 Education 'exemplary' at Outstanding Ipswich academy
Val Bint, landlady of Ipswich music pub The Steamboat Tavern, said lovemusic24.co.uk would help to highlight the town's music talent.
She added: “We have a thriving music scene and particularly a thriving original music scene with many bands doing their own stuff.
“There really is a wealth of talent in this area.”
See tomorrow's Evening Star for a full run-down of the best locations to enjoy music in Suffolk.
What do you think the new website will do for Ipswich's music scene? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or e-mail email@example.com.
The launch gig on June 20 at The Steamboat Tavern, Ipswich runs from 4pm and is free to get in. There will be an acoustic stage and an electric stage.
Bands playing are:
Stand Still Kid
Crab Meat Moon
We Slay Skies
A Fate Untold
Mr Happy Chainsaw
Underline The Sky