Total announced for road race
THIS year's Felixstowe Road Race has raised £5,000 with £1,000 of it boosting the Vicky Hall appeal.The Felixstowe Rotary Club raised the money from the charity event in May which attracted up to 300 runners.
THIS year's Felixstowe Road Race has raised £5,000 with £1,000 of it boosting the Vicky Hall appeal.
The Felixstowe Rotary Club raised the money from the charity event in May which attracted up to 300 runners.
Their 23rd annual race, which was part-sponsored by the Evening Star, gave individual, runners a chance to raise their own money for their own choice of charity.
Mark Davis, chairman of the road race committee, said that through sponsorship, advertising and entrances fees the club had managed to raise £5,000, which they will distribute to charities throughout the year, the first donation going to the Vicky Hall appeal.
You may also want to watch:
The individual competitors raised an estimated £10,000 for their own causes from the sponsorship money after they completed as many one mile laps as possible in an hour.
John Clemence, president of the club, presented the £1,000 cheque to the Evening Star's memorial fund in aid of the 17-year-old girl who was abducted and killed more than two years ago.
- 1 Woman threatened to expose lorry driver's sexual relationship
- 2 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 5 What happened to Luke Durbin? Mum's renewed appeal 15 years after teenager vanished in Ipswich
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Developers offer first view of 75 new homes near Ipswich
- 8 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 9 New walking trail explores 'key role' Suffolk played in Anglo-Saxon history
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart