Total announced for road race
THIS year's Felixstowe Road Race has raised £5,000 with £1,000 of it boosting the Vicky Hall appeal.The Felixstowe Rotary Club raised the money from the charity event in May which attracted up to 300 runners.
THIS year's Felixstowe Road Race has raised £5,000 with £1,000 of it boosting the Vicky Hall appeal.
The Felixstowe Rotary Club raised the money from the charity event in May which attracted up to 300 runners.
Their 23rd annual race, which was part-sponsored by the Evening Star, gave individual, runners a chance to raise their own money for their own choice of charity.
Mark Davis, chairman of the road race committee, said that through sponsorship, advertising and entrances fees the club had managed to raise £5,000, which they will distribute to charities throughout the year, the first donation going to the Vicky Hall appeal.
You may also want to watch:
The individual competitors raised an estimated £10,000 for their own causes from the sponsorship money after they completed as many one mile laps as possible in an hour.
John Clemence, president of the club, presented the £1,000 cheque to the Evening Star's memorial fund in aid of the 17-year-old girl who was abducted and killed more than two years ago.
- 1 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 2 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
- 3 NHS confirms new Ipswich 'super-surgery' should open in 2024
- 4 'The village already can't cope' - Concerns over 114-home plan
- 5 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 6 Kesgrave shooting: Teen who tried to kill friend set to be sentenced
- 7 Town centre delays following accident
- 8 'Extra-cautionary' Covid measures reintroduced at Kesgrave High
- 9 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 10 Fears Ipswich's best-known landmarks are at risk